Flying Goose Pub Open for Business After Early AM Fire

flamesThe Flying Goose Pub in New London is opened for business, after a fire that started just before 2:30 am. New London Fire Chief Jay Lyons says the blaze was started from improper disposal of cigarettes.

All damage from the fire was confined to the outside.

Lyons said they had the fire knocked down and under control after 20 minutes but the crews were on scene for about an hour.

The Chief praised the mutual aid he received from Sutton, Wilmot, Sunapee, and Springfield.

Only one call was received from a passerby about the fire and Lyons reminds the public to call if they see something.

Lyons reminds the public not to discard smoking materials in or near bark mulch.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s