The Town of Newport NH has imposed a mandatory water restriction on Monday. The restrictions apply to all residents using the town water system. Town officials say the groundwater levels and lake water levels have been declining. The drought first affected Newport in August when a voluntary water reduction program.
Restricted activities include:
- All nonessential water use
- No watering of residential landscape areas (lawns or gardens)
- No washing of vehicles
- No washing down paved surfaces
- No filling of swimming pools
- Fire department training involving water use
- Watering of Town properties
Due to continuing drought conditions, our fire hydrant flushing program has been canceled for the remainder of the year.