Police Chief Alexander Scott is recommending that Trick-or-Treating take place in Claremont on Monday, October 31st, between 5 and 8 PM. The Claremont Parks and Recreation Department will again be hosting a Hallowesta celebration from 3 to 5 PM on Pleasant Street, Opera House Square and Broad Street Park. For more information about Hallowesta please visit
The following safety tips are suggested in order to keep Halloween a safe and enjoyable event:
Small goblins should wear bright,flame-resistant costumes (consider applying reflective tape to costumes or trick-or-treat bags for greater visibility).
- Remove any mask that will limit visibility when crossing
- Carry a flashlight,and stay in a group: walk A parent or responsible adult should accompany young children on their rounds.
- Visit homes and businesses in your neighborhood
- Do not eat treats before an adult can examine them at
To keep the celebration safe at your home:
- Eliminate tripping hazards near your porch and
- Make sure the way is well-lighted
- Consider fire safety when decorating
- Use caution with lighted candles
The Claremont Police Department will have additional police patrols on duty this Halloween to help ensure a happy and safe Halloween!