Survey May Be Needed on Some New London Properties

new LondonIf you are applying for a building permit in New London, you may need to submit a survey. The New London Select Board recently voted to require surveys to be submitted with some applications.  Instances where a survey by NH licensed surveyor are required when the property owner request changes in or near site features like wetland, streams or if the property is in any of the town’s Overlay Zoning Districts. The overlay districts include Shoreland, Floodplain, Wetland, Streams conservation, Floodplain, Steep Slope, or other areas that serve to protect natural resources.  Also, if the property’s survey is over 10 years old the applicant must affirm in writing there are grounds to believe the survey is reliable.  Tax maps should not be relied on to prepare the plot plan for application of building permits. For more information on this new rule contact the Planning and Zoning Office at 526-4821 ext. 20.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s