Hartford VT Fire Brought Under Control Quickly

hartford-fire-patchShortly after 5:00 pm on Sunday, the Hartford Fire Department was dispatched to a 1-Alarm fire  at 1825 Wallace Road in the Town of Hartford. Upon arrival, personnel entered the residential home to find a considerable amount of smoke in the building. As personnel continued to search the building, a mattress and bedding were found to be burning in one of the bedrooms of the home.  The fire was quickly extinguished and the mattress and bedding removed from the home.  Personnel investigated the fire and overhaul the building. No one was home at the time of the incident.  A residential fire alarm system notified the alarm company, allowing emergency personnel to be dispatched to the scene.  The scene was quickly brought under control.  All equipment and personnel returned to quarters before 7:00 pm.  Lebanon, Hanover, Norwich, Pomfret and Sharon Fire Departments assisted.


Due to the recent rain conditions the quarter mile driveway to the residence was nearly impassable from ice.  Sand trucks were requested to make the driveway passable for emergency vehicles.  As a safety recommendation, the Fire Department would like to remind residents the importance of maintaining driveways accessible in case of emergencies.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s