Unattended Pan Cause of Claremont Fire

Photo by Bill Binder

An unattended pan left on a stove was the cause of a fire in Claremont on Tuesday afternoon.  Fire Chief Richard Bergeron said firefighters arrived at 8 Park Ave just before 2 PM to find light smoke coming from the multi-family dwelling. Jamie Mulhern, owner of the property,  advised firefighters that there was a stove fire in the first-floor apartment, and that all residents were evacuated.  The fire was contained to the kitchen cabinets and a small area of the ceiling, and extinguished quickly. However, the building sustained varying levels of smoke and fire damage.  The fire was under control shortly before 2:30 PM.  The Claremont Police Department and Golden Cross Ambulance assisted the Claremont Fire Department.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s