Hartford VT Fire Started in Clothes Dryer

On May 30th at approximately 8:30 pm the Harford Fire Department was dispatched to 218 Brookside Drive for a reported building fire.  While responding, units were advised the fire was located in the clothes dryer and all occupants had exited the home.  Upon the arrival of the first due engine a light smoke condition was reported coming from the main entrance of the building.  First arriving personnel that entered a building with a single hose line reported a smoldering fire located in the clothes dryer.  One of the occupants reported that they were alerted by the smoke detector and noticed the fire in the clothes dryer.  Two of the occupants quickly extinguished the fire with a dry chemical extinguisher before exiting the home. The clothes dryer was removed from the home and personnel checked the laundry room for extension.  No extension was found and the scene was quickly brought under control.  Fire Departments from Lebanon, Hanover, Hartland and Norwich also responded to the incident.  The incident was completed at 9:18 pm.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s