A mobile home on 9 Page Road in Unity was gutted by fire yesterday afternoon. Heavy smoke was rising from the structure upon arrival of the Unity Fire Department. Mutual aid companies from Departments Unity, Goshen, Lempster, Claremont, Marlow, Newport, Acworth, Washington 2 alarm fire were called to the scene shortly after 11:30 AM.
There was only one-person home at the time and they were able to get out safely with the family pets. However, the family of five lost everything they owned. A firefighter was treated at Valley Regional for smoke inhalation. A grease fire was given as the cause of the blaze.
A Donation Drive for the family is being held today from 4:00 – 8:00 PM at the Unity Fire Station. The family of is in need of gift cards to local restaurants, grocery stores, and Wal-Mart to get the day-to-day items. A list of other items needed by the family will be posted on the Lempster Ladies Auxiliary Facebook page. The Red Cross is assisting the family with lodging.